The Capital

Although very different, Islamabad and Rawalpindi together could be counted as Pakistan's capital as they are nearly joined together.
Islamabad is a planned city and very orderly and sterile. It couldn't interest me much and I only visited the Shah Faisal Mosque which looks more like a giant space station than a muslim place for worship. It's huge and can accommodate over 70.000 faithful.
Rawalpindi is hectic, faded and has lots of character.



I took this picture in a side street in Rawalpindi. I like the scene and the old feel it has to it.


I spent half a day walking around the archeological sites of Taxila, the remains of the Buddhist civilisation of Gandhara, but couldn't find a decent shot. Then, on my way back I came across this beautiful old tree. Minutes later this rather comical duo passed by and I had my picture for the day.

No comments: